Caution

If you are thinking about adding a Big Dog to your family, you should know that it's not all fluffy puppies. I drool a lot. And I like to dig in the mud and then get it all over My People. And I have to walk every day or I get too wild. My People met many, many St. Bernards before they adopted me, and they don't mind messes very much!

Friday, December 7, 2007

Scout Goes to the Doctor

My Kids and I all saw our doctors this week. They went for check-ups; I went because I have been feeling a little bit sick to my stomach. I'm kind of frustrated now because my doctor told The Mom to stop giving me treats like beef, liver, and other stuff that I REALLY like. The doctor said that even though I'm very big, I'm still a puppy and those things might be making me sort of sick.

I had to go to the doctor one other time for a problem. It was this spring after I had been running in woods and fields all weekend with my friend Sammy the Spaniel. (Don't we look like we're having fun?) We got into all sorts of great messy, stinky stuff like ponds and wet leaves and muck. It got under my fur and didn't dry out well and I got an infection on my skin. That time the doctor had to shave off a bunch of my fur. Ouch.

It's not fun being sick. I miss my favorite snacks. But I try to be cooperative and not steal food off the table because I know my family is just trying to help me get well.

No comments: